Aug 27, 2007

Predictions and predilections

Dylan and I spent five days and four nights treking through the grand tetons in wyoming. Wow. I never knew what beauty lay beyond vast peaks; what is waiting to be discovered by those willing to cross into the wild. I saw amazing glaciers, glacier lakes, waterfalls. I saw a moose in the distance and encountered a bear that walked within ten feet of me. My back hurt from my pack, my feet ached, the nights were bitterly cold, I got tired of eating granola and nuts - but, oh how it was all worth it! I think this excursion has rejuvinated my spirit. I feel a stirring in the wind - promises of good things to come. I just need to realize that sore feet accompany, and eventually lead to, colored horizons.

2 comments:

betsyann said...

Sounds beautiful. I'm glad to hear you're back safe and that you feel all swept out and fresh inside. That's a great feeling.

bet(h) said...

did you have to bang pots at the bear? :)

so glad you had a good experience along with the soreness. can't wait to hear more.